If you finally convinced yourself to give Master Cleanse a shot, you need to gather the Master Cleanse ingredients. The things needed for this detoxifying diet are really not that hard to find. Actually, you can find some of the items inside your pantry.
So, what do you need to write on your shopping list?
Yes, fresh lemons. Without lemons, this diet would not be called Lemonade Diet, right? It is the most important ingredient. Without it, you can’t even start this diet. Well, you can probably use lime but that’s another topic.
Organic lemons are the best lemons that you can buy. No pesticides are used to grow the organic lemons. Thus, it is our first choice. However, if you really cannot find the organic ones, you can just use regular lemons. Just make sure that you never use the canned or powdered lemon juice.
If you plan to drink twelve glasses of lemonade juice per day, you will need 6 lemons a day. If you are doing the cleanse for 10 days, you will be needing 60 lemons. Now, that’s a lot!
There are different grades of Maple Syrup in the market but you need Grade B Maple Syrup for this diet. Make sure that you check the label to make sure that it’s Grade B and not Grade A. Take not, you need the real maple syrup and not the maple-flavored ones. The Pancake syrup or the Maple-flavored syrup contains just a small amount of maple syrup.
I know that this ingredient is a little weird. But you need a pinch of cayenne for your lemonade juice. This is not repulsive as it sounds. It actually makes the lemonade juice delicious. However, it is not added just for the flavor. It is an important ingredient since it warms the body. It provides extra energy plus it helps in breaking up the mucus.
You need sea salt for the Master Cleanse Diet. Note, that this salt is not for the lemonade juice but for the salt water flush. Never buy the iodized ones or table salt. You have to use non-iodized salt.
Every night during the Master Cleanse, laxative tea should be taken. It helps individuals in eliminating. Senna tea is highly recommended. However, this tea causes stomach ache for some people. If you really don’t need help in moving bowels, you can look for senna tea which is composed of 25% leaves and 75% pods. The pods are less potent, so this kind of tea wouldn’t be too harsh to your stomach.
The only rule for the water used in Master Cleanse is that fluoridated water should not be used. Also, it must be in room temperature.